Lip waxing is a method of hair removal that has the benefit of having to stay for a longer duration before the hair grows back. A person who honors all the appointments given by his aesthetician will have the benefit of getting rid of unwanted lip hair permanently and even when the hair grows back, it will be too light to have anyone notice it.
There are some side effects that could occur due to lip wax some of which could be very severe. The good news is that there are ways one will be able to prevent some of the side effects from happening, some of which are listed below:
- Check the temperature of the hot wax before having it applied on your lips. This will help to avoid the burns that occur as a result of using very hot wax. You can test the temperature of the hot wax by putting a small amount on the back of your hand.
- After the lip waxing, avoid too much exposure to the sun’s rays to avoid suffering from sunburns. If you must go out in the sun, ensure that you apply a sunscreen and wear a large hat that will prevent your lips from coming into direct contact with the sun’s rays.
- Before the aesthetician carries out the lip waxing, ensure that you inform him of any medication that you could be using. Some medications such as Accutane, Differin, and Retin A are some of the medications that cannot be used during the time that the lip waxing is being carried out. The reason for this is that skin will most likely tear as a result of the pulling during the waxing.
- To reduce the reddening and the irritation of the skin, you can apply a cold compress or a soothing lotion on the lips. This will reduce the irritation and help in getting rid of the redness on the lips.
- If your lip skin was irritated, had sunburns or was injured before the lip waxing, the process should be postponed until the skin is fully recovered. This is because having the process done in this state will lead to more severe side effects that will surpass the benefits of the lip waxing.
It is advisable to get the lip waxing carried out by a person who is well trained and one who will use the right quality of wax. Do not go to a spa that charges the lowest price for the lip waxing as the likelihood of suffering from the side effects is very high. A professional will charge more for the waxing but you will be safe and the process will be carried out in a hygienic condition. Most of the professional spas have an insurance cover that will facilitate compensation in case anything goes wrong in the process. This means that the medical needs, as well as the productivity that will be lost from the side effects, will be compensated. The more professional an aesthetician is, the less the side effects that one is likely to suffer.